The goal of the SMPS Parent Association (PA) is to foster and grow a school and parish community rooted in faith that supports each other through the joys and milestones of life as well as the sadness and challenges it presents. We believe that, by creating opportunities and activities, the school community will serve as a family environment whose nature will be to encourage, support, and take care of each other. This can be accomplished through existing programs, as well as through new programs and activities that draw on the knowledge and help of others. These activities will strengthen and forge relationships, raise important funding for the school, and create a supportive network of members. In turn, this will fulfill the mission and ultimately support the school as we mutually work together to raise our children.
Year in Review:
Did you know?
- PA fundraised over $10,000 during the 2015-16 school year, nearly $5000 of which came from the Craft Fair in December
- The Teacher Appreciation Committee provided our fabulous staff with 4 lunches, 2 breakfasts, many delicious snacks, monthly mailbox gifts, personalized birthday gifts and wonderful raffles throughout the year
- PA matched up new families with current families through our “Mustang Guide” program
- PA sponsored several new and old activities, including: Spirit Week, Angel Walk, Trunk or Treat, Grandparents Day, Turkey Trot, Craft Fair, Santa’s Secret Workshop, Father/Daughter Dance, Catholic Schools Week, Italian Cooking classes, Teacher Appreciation Week, The Amazing Raise, School Picnic and Raffle Baskets for the SMPS Festival
- PA coordinated meals and funds for families in need in our school community
- PA welcomed the help of over 100 volunteers this school year
How can you help? How can you be a part of our SMPS Parent Association Community?
We welcome the involvement of parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles and friends of the parish and school. The only requirement is the completion of Diocesan-mandated Virtus Training, which is a very easy process. We will gladly help you with this. Please take a few minutes to review the volunteer form and check off where you might be able to help. Together we can make SMPS a better place!!
SMPS PA President
Craft Fair: email@example.com