The following policies have been adopted to clearly articulate how enrollment decisions will be determined. If the application is received by the deadline and student meets the school’s admissions criteria, student will be further considered for enrollment. Students will be selected and placed in the school based on the maximum capacity of classrooms as set by the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston according to the following categories in order:
- Currently enrolled students in good standing.
- Siblings of students currently enrolled.
- Students currently enrolled and in good standing at another school in the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.
- Catholic children of participating parishioners who are siblings or children of a graduate of the School.
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing and participating members of the School Parish (or if a central school, one of the participating parishes).*
- Children of parishioners who are registered, contributing, and participating members at another Catholic parish within the Diocese of Wheeling-Charleston.*
- Non-Catholic students (Non-Catholic students will be enrolled or added to a waiting list in the order of applications received).
* Families can obtain a form from their parish that is to be signed by the pastor and submitted to the school at application.
- Students not selected for admission due to class size limits, will automatically be placed on a wait list.
- If an opening becomes available, students on the wait list will be given priority for those openings in the same order of preference as detailed in the Admission Eligibility protocols.
- The wait list will exist for the current academic year only.
- The wait list will be established after the enrollment process for the upcoming school year has ended and will terminate when that school year ends.
Thank you for your interest in St. Michael Parish School! You’ve made the right choice! St. Michael’s is a special place that offers engaging academic opportunities in a safe, faith-based learning environment. We have high expectations for our students — and it’s our goal to prepare them well with the intellectual tools and moral foundation necessary to succeed in the future.
To apply for admission to St. Michael’s…
- Please contact us via phone or email. This allows us to attain general information about your child and your family’s contact information.
- We will send you an Admissions Application Form for you to complete and return to the school office.
- Meet with the principal to review your application and discuss your academic goals and expectations for your child(ren), curriculum, and tuition assistance opportunities. This meeting will be followed by an optional tour of the school and St. Michael Angelus Center.
Student Shadow Day
All prospective students are invited to shadow at SMPS with a student in his/her grade level. Shadowing opportunities can be scheduled at any time that is convenient for you and your child. The typical school day is from 8:15 am to 3:00 pm.
St. Michael’s offers two Open House events: one in August geared to registered students and one in February for Early Childhood students. These programs give children the opportunity to meet teachers, see classrooms and learn more about their curriculum, extra-curricular activities, and available sports and fine arts programs.
Download Admissions Forms Here: